Monday, April 2, 2012

THIS, THAT AND THE NEXT THING

I don't even know where to start. It has certainly been a while since I last tried to put some thoughts down.

Watching a certain singing show got me to thinking. I won't name any names or anything, but I may go off right now. TAKE COVER!

First off, like I just posted on twitter..."People. Weird and different are not always synonyms for good. Talent is talent. Weird and different are just weird and different." Not that weird and different aren't good sometimes, but come ON. Just because you sound like nobody else does not NECESSARILY mean that you are talented. EMOTION, PEOPLE. Emotion is a big deal. And actually being able to sing the notes in your song helps too. Look, I get it. If you are cute, people listen and pay attention. That's great. But ya gotta be able to look beyond that. Our industry needs some POWER. And that means REAL artists who can perform well but also sing their asses off. Also, just because you can run all over town and scream does not necessarily mean you are talented. Thank you, the few people in this world who tell it like it is.

ANYWAY onto other things. BF and I moved into a new apartment in February and although its not perfect, its what we need for the time being. Meanwhile, I'm still at a job that I'm not enthralled with. Some days, it takes everything I have not to have a freak-out. I have been booking gigs and preparing for my next career move. I'm getting off my ass and starting to make things happen for myself. I made a goal list starting with my end-game and moving backwards. I'm tackling the little things, and I'll work my way up to the big things. I've got a solo gig at Lola's on Wed. April 11 (Gotta figure out my set list- depends on what I feel comfortable playing myself!!) and a gig with my friends and co-worker Paul Haasch at Genghis Cohen on April 23 (AHHHH again gotta get a set list going and touch base with my musicians!) But I'm excited because I'm going to be performing again and working towards my goals. I've been eating healthier, will be eating even more healthier and I'm establishing a firmer gym schedule. I figure getting on a better schedule, eating healthy, going to the gym and making music will make me feel better and hate my current daily grind a little less.

Okay, more later. !!

Lizz




No comments:

Post a Comment