Tuesday, October 5, 2010

WE'RE LEAVING...but not on a jetplane.

DAY ONE: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 5TH, 2010
Okay people, so it's ON!!!

I left my house today around 3 after a tearful goodbye with my Mom and Lisa. So picture this: a rather compact, 4-door 2004 Hyundai Elantra with the trunk FILLED to the gills and a huge mother f-ing cargo carrier bag strapped on top. Like, picture a bag big enough to fit the murdered bodies of LeBron James and his four tall friends. And there you have what the roof of my car looks like. It wasn't very promising to begin with when I started out putting together the roof bars and the parts came in a Ziploc bag. I should have started hyperventilating THEN. Instead, I put it together, albeit haphazardly, and even though it looks the HOTTEST MESS EVER, I'm hoping it will faithfully transport my keyboard and all my precious clothes safely across the country!!
Lizz Money, K-Dogg and H-Bomb left Milf-town today at about 4:00 PM. (A.K.A. Me, Kristi and Heather left Milford today at 4). We decided, or rather I decided, that we all needed gangsta rap names. Anyway, we stopped for a cupcake before actually leaving (mine was pumpkin, with cream cheese frosting YUMMMM) and then we headed on I-13 to New Jeuyyysey. What WHAT??!! We aren't close enough to the Shore to see the Sitch or his BFF Snooki but we are staying with Heather's dad and he made us brisket which was bomb.com, for sure, so I guess that makes up for it.
We logged 53 songs on the iPod today, and we did just over 200 miles. Woo Hoo! Tomorrow we are waking up at 4:45 and heading out at 5:30 to Cleveland and then to Chicago!!

Talk soon!

Lizz

No comments:

Post a Comment